Friday, October 8, 2010

Slow and steady

Well I once again fell behind on my blogging but I have a good excuse - "I forgot about it!" :) lol!

Yesterday turned out to be a very hectic and full day of teaching, getting my hair chopped off,running errands, meeting the hubby for lunch, picking up kids, visiting with relatives, etc. By the time I got time to myself,I ran down and out of energy so quickly you'd of thought I'd been tranquilized - just another unpleasant fibro thing; up with pain or down with fatigue - ugh!

If it's any indication of how it hit me, I actually fell asleep on my couch while watching "Destination Truth." Now, for some that might not mean anything but for me,Josh Gates is...how shall I say it?....Ah yes, very captivating! :)

When I finally woke up,I staggered off to bed leaving my phone behind in the living room. Again, if you know me, that almost NEVER happens, as my blackberry and I share a very close relationship - one I rarely ever share with people! :)

Of course, as fate would have it, that's when I was needed and I couldn't be reached :( I know, the "big picture/plan" had all that already on the "map" but I cannot help questioning the "universe" as to why it would want me to be so rarely "out of it" when someone needed me??? (this IS how my mind works too - sadly.)

To make matters worse, when I got up this morning, I didn't even check my phone right away. Nope, I had Scout stuff on my mind instead. So, I print off multiple sheets my son needs for this afternoon, gathered up uniforms, etc. and began a load of laundry. Only to have the hose disconnect, AGAIN, and wash down my mud room for the 3rd time...luckily, I ripped all the carpet out of there last week...because it was wet from the first 2 "hosings"!

Once all of that was resolved, I check my phone to find that a dear friend had been taken to the ER in the early a.m. and is now in the ICU unit. How's that for a swift kick in the "guilt-gut!" Luckily, she is now stable but it doesn't make up for the fact that I was unreachable when they needed me - gonna have to find a way to resolve all this within myself @ some point but for now, would appreciate any and all prayers for her and her family.

Anyway, today is another "fun-filled" day of school,errands and hauling children here and there. I've actually remembered to take my morning meds, had a cup of coffee and cleaned up the laundry disaster - so maybe, just maybe I can get from A to B without mishap??? Here's to hoping!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment