Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Exercise & Pain

I've decided that I absolutely have to exercise regardless of the pain that inevitably follows. So, I dug the Ab Lounger out and placed it next to my hydraulic stepper along with my hand weights (2 lbs. - I'm a wimp!)

I have made great strides in usage but as expected, I'm in horrible pain. I cannot believe that my life has come to this. Don't get me wrong, I was never "Miss All American" by far - I hated participating in sports but I was active. Now, this simple type of activity puts me down and hard!

I'm going to persevere though, I am walking every day, taking my meds and now adding the sit-ups and hand weights, something should give - soon! I have two things that could derail me here; 1. I'm impatient and weight loss takes FOREVER! 2. The pain.

I miss the metabolism I enjoyed for so many years :( I swear, I could eat anything and never gain an ounce. I wasn't a parent then so I indulged in all the things that are bad for you and I never felt a negative from any of it. Now however, if I so much as think about and God forbid, look at, anything scrumptious. . . . well, it goes straight to my - let's just say; anywhere from my chin to my knees!!

There has to be more to life than this! I do not want to spend what ever time I have left on this Earth, worrying about what I should or shouldn't eat, drink, smell, touch, etc.....ugh!

For now though, I'm committed to pushing through this and coming out on the other side a lot thinner and more self confident. I may be in a wheel chair and have a morphine drip but I'll look good!!! lol!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment