Friday, September 24, 2010

Sleep is Highly Overated

Morning! (again and so, so soon)

We are a sleepless bunch, us Fibro people. I've had people comment to me, "wow, came by your house @ like 2 a.m. and the lights were still on!" Yep, that would be me :) You'd think with the lack of sleeping I'm doing my house would be flippin' spotless but alas, it is not.

I'm the only night owl but not the only light sleeper in our house. The slightest "abnormal" sound and one or both of my kids are up ....so, aside from the TV, no noise in the house after 10 p.m.

Anyway, all that "nothingness" gives my mind time to roam and spin and never shut down. I've been pondering the origins of my Fibro during my "spin cycle." I've always been sickly but I seriously think that this stuff is akin to something nerve related. If in fact that is the case, then I know of 1 significant trauma I experienced @ 29 but what about all the minor ones from childhood or when I broke my tailbone as a mid 20's something year old???

Other things that play through my sleepless mind, useless trivia, movie quotes, elusive songs and lyrics, etc. Facebook has opened a whole new world of, "where are they now?" that can entertain the mind for a few wasted hours.

Other than mindless, rambling thoughts, there isn't much else in my head today - obviously. However, at least I can attribute it to the lack of sleep :)

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment