Okay, well this is a lesson in not patting myself on the back before a project is complete - the washing machine did not catch on fire but it did hose down my laundry room with gallons of laundry water! Apparently, after the fire debacle of last week, the hose to the drain was not secured properly and my machine did its own impersonation of a fire hose!
Here's one of those "silver lining" moments, super sensitive hearing caught this before it was an even bigger mess. I thought my son was messing around in the bathroom because I could hear waves of water splashing (loudly) and when I called to him, he answered from his bedroom.
Upon further investigation, I went to the laundry room to discover it under siege! Luckily, I'm a laundry sorter so the assorted piles in front of the machine sopped up a lot of the water. Unfortunately, the carpeting caught the rest.
My son, ever the optimist said, "well, at least it smells good out here!" Apparently, my choice of laundry detergent was sound - lol!
There's actually 3 lessons in this mess; 1. As I said above, don't credit anything until it's completed, 2. Super sensitivities can be useful, 3. Good laundry soap makes a difference in more than one way!
Wow, only 4:30 p.m. - can't wait to see what happens in the next 6 - 8 hrs. I have left before bed.
Until next time!