Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One down, two to go!

Well Thanksgiving is now behind us and we are barreling toward Christmas and New Year's. I can say without hesitation that I made it through it without a complete flare up - yay!

My main complaint (other than normal sleep upset and back pain) has been a bangin' headache at the base of my head.  OMG! It feel like I'm gonna just watch my it explode! I have taken everything known to man, I've had my heated rice-sock on it, hot showers, ice packs, etc. Nothing seems to quiet the beastie!

My husband says it stress related - I don't know. I do know that on Monday my blood pressure was unusually high for me. I normally run @ 90/70 but it was that day it was 123/70. So I'm more inclined to think it's the BP but that too could be stress related I suppose???

The one thing I know for sure is that this sucker hurts and I want it to stop! This, along with the fact that my children refuse to get along - well, you know how that goes......"Calgon, take me away!" lol!  Right now, I'd love nothing more than to be @ a spa somewhere, soaking in a mud bath, sipping champagne and waiting for a massage - for me, that's a major step as I will not go for massages because of my mass. Until I lose weight, nobody with a size 2 waist is touchy blubbery old me!

Ah, the life of a #spoonie is one of ups and downs. Being broken is all it's "cracked" up to be (pun intended). When we know all we have left is our wit and even that fluxes with the fibro-fog....well, it's depressing. So for now, I'm gonna hit the shower then come out and tackle what house work I think I can do. That in itself will be the majority of my day.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Can I go with you to the spa and soak in a mud bath? ;) I've had some killer headaches and higher blood pressure lately, too. Hope you find some relief from the beasties soon.

    ReplyDelete