Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pardon my cough

Well, I managed to get sick - again! What started out as a normal Monday morning turned into a week long illness. I have to say it, "I HATE being sick!!"  I am the first to admit it, I am the world's worst sick person. I am a HUGE baby when I get body aches. I'm cool with everything else. That is to say, I can die quietly on my own but throw in body aches and "Oh my word!" I get whiny and pitiful.

So, for almost a week now I've been broken-broken. It sucks! My son was sick too, for about 24 hrs. He recovered fully and has been camping since yesterday! Ah, youth and resilience - I WANT SOME!! lol!  I miss being able to bounce back from things easily.Oh well, I'm glad he did and I wouldn't change that for anything in the world.

Thankfully, the flu part of this is over but I'm now battling with bronchitis. This in itself is awful for me as I already have horrible lung issues. I am just so grateful that I had my flu shot back in November, I'd hate to think what this could have done to me without it. Right now it's cough, cough, cough! Sitting up is makes things a bit more tolerable but that really puts a cramp in sleeping.....ugh!

I guess it's a sure thing to say that sickness will attack you where you are weakest. For example; body aches with me will attack in my lower back and hips and almost every cold for me turns into bronchitis. These are two areas where I am the weakest physiologically. I can't help but wonder what the Fibro is really doing to me - I know what the experts say about it but how can something that affects your daily existence so much not have detrimental impacts within your body???

Oh well, that's just life huh? For now, I'm taking it very, very slowly. If I over exert it will come back on me right now with horrible consequences. Good thing I have a good book series to keep me company. It's a lonely life sometimes.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment