Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Soggy Times

The weather here has been dreadful and I just haven't felt like posting lately. Anytime we are overcast and rainy like this past week, I just want to loll around like a slug....and pretty much have been.  Easter has come and gone and although it was extremely nice to hang out with some of the family again, it still provided its own type of stress for me - ugh!

Our area is going through major flooding of historic proportions and who knows what tomorrow will bring. My kids are on a count down to school being out for the summer, hubby is working 60+ weekly and me, well....I'm still broken but I think I'm on the mending side of broken right now :)

A few months ago I decided I was going to try to "fix" me. I have started by ditching all of my prescription medications. I now take only herbal supplements; "D", Calcium, B-12, Flax Seed (occasionally) and I also have added a Water Pill to my daily intake.This, so far, has been a prudent move on my part as I don't feel "dependent" and I seem to be acclimating to the new routine quite well.

I also began a program, ran by a dear friend, called "Healthy Living." This is a program designed for healthy weight loss via worship and support. It isn't drastic as far as food goes either. It is more about monitoring your intake - period. You watch the amounts of sugars, carbs, proteins, sodium, etc. Not just one or the other, you watch it all - it makes a real difference.

To date I've lost about 12 lbs. Not much in the overall scheme of things but a great start and just the boost I needed to keep going. I still haven't checked out the local doctor - it's on my "to do" list but right now I need to handle things this way as opposed to that way. lol!

Currently, the majority of my problems come from stress and that stress is centered around personal relationships. However, I'm hoping come May 9th - all will be set right again. I'd love to elaborate as to why that particular date but right now, it is simply a theory I have going and I wouldn't want to "jinx" it! lol!

So, here's to staying dry and afloat, medicine free, unstressed and eating healthy!!!!

Until next time!



Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. So how is the Fibromyalgia doing on the new diet?

    ReplyDelete